Search Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Silk City Saloon.

Today my husband and I decided to try a new restaurant that just opened up in the area, the Silk City Saloon. I honestly didn't have high expectations going in there but I was delightfully surprised when I saw a "build-you-own-burger" selection on the menu. See, I am vegetarian and it's really hard in this area to find vegetarian items on a menu besides a salad...so building my own burger sounded fantastic!

First off these burgers came on a pretzel roll which I have never tried but sounded amazing then next I chose my toppings: American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, green olives, sautéed mushrooms and mayonnaise. I also ordered a "veggie flatizza" appetizer that was a flatbread with artichoke sauce, bruschetta, mozzarella cheese and sautéed mushrooms! I love mushrooms, if you can't tell. Haha.

 
 
 
The food took a little longer that it should have, I work in a restaurant so I know when there's only one table ordering food that it should come out really fast...especially with what we ordered BUT the food was worth the wait and of course, I didn't complain to the waitress...being a waitress myself I know it's not her fault and how annoying it is when people bitch about stuff like that.
 
The veggie flatizza was really wet...like soaked in grease maybe but it was still tasted good and the veggie burger I built was AMAZING! The pretzel bun was delicious and I really enjoyed my meal.
 
 
 


I had a yummy sex on the beach and my husband had a founders all day IPA, I hate beer but according to him that stuff is amazing.

 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment