Search Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Healthy

    It's been a week since I started my "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred" DVD. I did it two days in a row then had to take a much needed three day break, I'm so out of shape that I could hardly walk or sit down! But I got myself motivated and did it yesterday and today and I'm not feeling sore at all! It's a very intense 20 minute work out...it's a little difficult (probably because I'm so out of shape) but I enjoy the fact that it's only 20 minutes! I'm debating if I want to add in the yoga and tae bo every other day as well but I can't seem to find the time my daughter has been especially whiney lately but she's 5 months old so I think she might be starting to teeth, yippy! haha.
    Anyway, along with the working out I have been trying really hard to eat healthier and I read about this drink that is suppose to help with weight loss and has many other benefits. The drink is 8 oz of water, 2 tablespoons of honey, a squirt of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar. I warm it up for about a minute and a half in the microwave then try and drink it as fast as possible haha. It's not too bad...it taste like apple juice to me but it's a little acidy and if you smell it you just smell pure vinegar and it's a bit off putting. But online it says to drink it 3 times a day but I've only been drinking it once a day. I might try and drink it a bit more but it's just not something that I would enjoy drinking throughout the day.
    Since I have been exercising and eating healthier this past week I have lost 1 pound. It isn't much but I always seem to get stuck on the 10's like 130/140/150 you know? So after being stuck at that weight for a week I finally dropped below it which feels so great! I just hope my belly starts to shrink...it's the one thing that has really been bothering me lately. Having a baby is just torture on your belly :[ It get's all squashy and mushy afterwards...yuck! I just want it to goooo away now but I'm trying to be patient.
    I've been making wraps for lunch, if anyone is trying to eat healthy I highly recommend eating them! I made them for dinner last night and my husband even thought it was amazing. How I made it was first a wheat tortilla shell then I coated it with homemade guacamole. Which I made that with one avocado(mashed), some fresh diced tomato, a tablespoon of minced garlic, a squirt of lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Then I sprinkled the wrap with crumbled feta cheese and added the meat. I used turkey but you can use any meat, I love it with Salmon too. Then I threw on a decent amount of diced cucumber, a good handful of fresh spinach leaves then wrap it up and it was ready to eat! If I don't add the guacamole I usually add some pepper and garlic before I wrap it up but it's already in the guacamole. It is SOOOO good! And most of the food that I put in it are "superfoods". If you've never heard of them here's a link: http://www.fitwatch.com/weight-loss/10-superfoods-to-a-slimmer-you-133.html Those a just a small selection of the superfoods to help you lose weight. I don't think avocado was on that list but it's said that half an avocado a day with melt belly fat away! That is the reason I decided to try the guacamole in the wrap and it worked out beautifully.
    It's 2:00 am so I should probably get to sleep but I just wanted to keep everyone updated on my weight loss which is now 45 pounds I've lost in 5 months! Whoot. Have a wonderful night everyone :]

No comments:

Post a Comment